Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Five Percepts: Part 1

It's been two months of stay in Delhi, my home town. One of my students started coming for a step further in her spiritual journey and life. She is a Reiki, accupressure and color therapy practicioner. And me a Reiki Teacher. So something new struck me today. It was the five percepts of Reiki and their vast implications on the things we do.

We started with remembering these five percepts. I will say they are six percepts, rather than just five.
They are modified from the old percepts as the new ones make more sense and add more power. They are:


Just For Now
I am calm and quiet
I am happy and at peace
I work with honesty
I am greatful for all
I am kind, compassionate and full of love for everyone
One is required to remember the aforementioned principles, as one ponder on a series of thoughts, questions or relevations day by day. The most important thing is to recogise the power of five. So whatever question, relevation or thought we are pondering on, it need to be stated in the sets of five.
Read further in The Five Percepts- Part II

No comments: