Monday, February 13, 2012

Death: Invitation to Enquiry

Friends
Just few days back, I witnessed one of my friend take the last breath. This was my first experience of watching someone leave the physical body. Believe me it's not easy.
Somehow, intuitively, I knew that this would happen in front of me. Yet, there was a lot of resistance. Yet, it happened.
This made me slip into the deep enquiry mode. At first, there is a cloud of sentiments, that sweep across the mind. There are emotions and guilt that needs clearing. And then, there is a void.
Void of unknown.
To be truthful, death brought peace to this friend. Yet, I was left with lots of questions.
1. Why do we mourn on death?
2. Who are we mourning for?
3. Who was in the physical body that made it alive?
4. What is it? What's the 'Swaroopa' of this unknown?
5. Where did it come from?
6. Where did it go?
7. Whom did it emerge from?
8. Will it merge back into the same?
9. Where is it's abode?
10. Does it have feelings?
11. Is it powerful?
12. What are the qualities of this being?
13. Does it have form?
14. Does anyone knows the truth?
15. How can we relate to the one who leaves the body?
16. What exactly is the truth?

There are numerous other enquiries. One thing I have realized is that the answer is within. We just have to open up to experience it. I am ready. Are you?

No comments: